As I wrote about in the previous post, the boy has finally arrived in the US to stay with me and my family until my ship out date for Scotland (which is September 2nd, in case you’re curious).
So thats the reason for my lapse in posts for the past however many days as the boy and I have been virtually attached at the hip, catching up on lost time. I have however managed to peel myself away from the boy to renew my efforts on here. We’ve got the rest of our lives ahead of us together and I’m sure a little personal time would do us both some good.
I have been doing my best to keep him entertained and show him what few sights there are in Pennsylvania. I realized after he arrived that my list of things for us to do here consisted mostly of Pennsylvania Dutch or otherwise American things I wanted to make him eat. Oh well. Here’s my list:
1. Green Dragon (our local/Amish farmers market known for really good fresh food)
2. Buggy ride (even though i’ve never actually done one myself, could be fun right?)
3. Hershey Park (after living in Seattle and discovering really good chocolate out there, Hersheys
is a bit disappointing but the park is still quite fun and i enjoy the chocolate themed town)
4. shoo-fly pie
5. whoopie pies
6. lebanon/sweet bologna
7. hot air balloon ride (not exactly specific to our area but our wedding invitations have hot air balloons on them and i thought it’d be cute to take some unofficial engagement photos there)
So far he’s tried lebanon/sweet bologna, went to my 5 year class reunion (which was a bad idea by the way) and and we’ve been to Philadelphia for a day (but didnt have time to get cheese steaks! next time..) so we need to work on the list a bit but i have 2 weeks off work coming up and here are some of the plans in the works:
• 3 day trip to NYC (where we first met) to visit the MoMa, possibly catch something on Broadway
• local microbrewery fest as the boy’s a big fan of beer
• Renaissance Faire
• local wine tours
plus generally hanging out, enjoying my parents swimming pool and visiting with all my friends and family as much as possible.
All while fretting over the arrival of my visa in the mail..cross your fingers and toes for me folks.