I’ve been in my sleepy home town in Pennsylvania and away from my beloved Seattle for about 2 and a half months now. Seeing as I’ll be moving thousands of miles away (and tickets overseas cost way more than flying home from Seattle) its been great to spend the extra time with my friends and family but country life is not for me, lemme tell ya. Sort of stealing the idea from Shannon at The Looking Glasgow I’ve decided to make a list of things I miss about Seattle.
1. the music scene! Oh how I miss good live music.
2. sushi! or all of Seattle’s awesome organic, fresh and fantastically delicious food really.
3. public transportation-you can’t get anywhere in my hometown without a car
4. the weather-summers in Seattle are gorgeous..not too hot, not too cold
5. having everything I need within walking distance, though I suppose that could be said of anyone comparing city life to small town life
6. the views-i could see the space needle from my bedroom window and Mount Rainier from a block away, doesn’t get much better than that.
7. the homeless people, they always kept things interesting thats for sure.
8. Pike Place Market
9. KEXP radio
10. seriously good coffee
11. The Stranger-the only newspaper in Seattle
12. Afternoons of bubble tea and scrabble in the U-District
13. how most drivers actually respect pedestrians and stop or wait for them
14. the generally liberal and laid back attitude of most people out there
15. Easy Street Records
16. all the vintage/used/consignment clothes shops
17. the amount of dog lovers!
18. Gasworks park
19. the Seattle Public Library
20. the super active and amazing craigslist seattle’s got going on
21. being surrounded by water
I’m sure I’ll fall in love with Glasgow as well, but Seattle will always have a special place in my heart.